School of Ceramics Joins College of Engineering

College of Engineering Dedication, May 2, 1964

The School of Ceramics joined the College of Engineering by action of the Board of Trustees in October 1945, retaining its status as the School of Ceramics. Although joining the College of Engineering in 1945, the School was not fully integrated until 1948. The School physically joined the College of Engineering in 1964, when the College moved to Busch Campus (formerly University Heights; formerly River Road Campus), Ceramics occupied the A-wing. Although the Department still occupies a large portion of the A-wing in the School of Engineering building, the office of the Chair and many of the faculty moved into the new Center for Ceramics Research building when it opened in 1988.