Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher
Location: High-Performance Materials Institute; Tallahassee, FL
To be filled as soon as possible.
The High-Performance Materials Institute (HPMI) at Florida State University offers researchers the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to investigate critical issues in the areas of high-performance composites and nanomaterials, structural health monitoring, multifunctional nanomaterials, and advanced manufacturing and process modeling. HPMI is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher with experience in advanced composites manufacturing and materials characterization.
- Knowledge in the area of composite laminate theory
- Knowledge of and possible experience with composite manufacturing techniques such as open/closed molding technologies and autoclave curing
- Knowledge in mechanical characterization and failure analysis
- Ability to work effectively on multidisciplinary teams led by a Principle Investigator
- A US citizen/permanent resident